SDH on the cheap
Kerplunkity Moo
2008-07-01 21:28:18 UTC
Hello.

Anyone have a suggestion or recommendation on a vendor for some cheap, but
reliable, SDH gear? I don't need anything as powerful as the Ciena Core or
Cisco 15454 and I'm wondering if there are alternatives to the alternatives?
I need something to aggregate STM-4 and above to STM-64 client signal.
Anything out there?

Moo
Martin Hannigan
2008-07-02 02:39:06 UTC
Right, but aren't they only WDM?

Best,

Marty
www.mrv.com
Yardiel
--
Yardiel Fuentes
Yardiel Fuentes
2008-07-02 13:44:42 UTC
They do have SDH/SONET transponders as tributaries like:

http://www.mrv.com/product/MRV-LD-EM2009OCM/

but the line side tends to be mainly WDM.

Yardiel
Yardiel Fuentes
Martin Hannigan
2008-07-03 05:28:21 UTC
Yardiel,

MRV has _great_ console that's inexpensive and equally cheap SFP's.
They do a fair bit of manufacturing of SFP's. For everyone. They have
functional, low capex, WDM gear.

I think, based on what I am reading, that the poster is asking for
pointers to 1+0 STM64 out and groomed ST4 > + in. Transmode might be
interesting. That's based on an email that another poster sent me and
some quick website research.

Regardless, I like MRV, but I don't think they answer the question. At
least fully.

Best,

Marty