Anyone from Verio here?
Jake Matthews
2008-04-16 22:28:02 UTC
I've sent repeated emails to ***@verio.net/com/*, no response yet.
There is an IRC DDoS bot on EFnet actively attacking users - and has
been for quite a while, as you can see from the signon date.

I am one of those being hit - any idea how to "take care of it?"

g is ~***@eul0600157-pip.eu.verio.net * sharon stone
g on @#tcp @#ping @#nsa.gov @#london @#jupe @#dust
g using irc.wh.verio.net ooh omnipotence. mm yes gotta get me some of that.
g actually using host 81.19.98.235
g has been idle 2mins 12secs, signed on Thu Apr 03 23:53:18
S. Ryan
2008-04-16 22:40:41 UTC
Actually, looks like A-Z is taken and they span across all of the
available servers on EFnet.

| a (***@fear.the.blackhat.vg) (British Virgin Islands)
: ircname : diane kruger
| channels : @#tcp @#ping @#nsa.gov @#london @#jupe @#dust
| server : irc.nac.net (Jews control irc, too!)
: idle : 253 hours 4 mins 31 secs (signon: Sun Apr 6 05:32:36 2008)
.----------------------------------------- -- -
| b (***@ca7-losangeles-1911.dsl.wiredcom.net) (Internic Network)
: ircname : jennifer aniston
.----------------------------------------- -- -
| c (***@fried.your.router.ws) (Samoa)
: ircname : herd killing
| channels : @#tcp @#ping @#nsa.gov @#london @#jupe @#dust
| server : efnet.teleglobe.net (O'er the land of the free & the home
of the
brave)
.----------------------------------------- -- -
| d (***@overflow.ws) (Samoa)
: ircname : kentucky fried chicken
| channels : @#tcp @#ping @#nsa.gov @#london @#jupe @#dust
| server : irc.nac.net (Jews control irc, too!)
: idle : 605 hours 57 mins 7 secs (signon: Sat Mar 22 11:40:25 2008)
.----------------------------------------- -- -
| z (***@red-hat.info) (unknown)
: ircname : diane kruger
| channels : @#tcp @#ping @#nsa.gov @#london @#jupe @#dust
| server : irc.vel.net (We're so Hollywood)
.----------------------------------------- -- -

.----------------------------------------- -- -
| u (***@crack.addict.cc) (Cocos (Keeling) Islands)
: ircname : eva green
| channels : @#tcp @#ping @#nsa.gov @#london @#jupe @#dust
| server : irc.nac.net (Jews control irc, too!)
: idle : 252 hours 55 mins 29 secs (signon: Sun Apr 6 05:42:14 2008)
--
Steve Ryan

Master Solvinator

***@mind.net <mailto:***@mind.net>

Office: 541*.* 773*.* 5000

Fax: 541*.* 535*.* 7599

288 S Pacific Hwy

Talent, OR 97540
Bill Nash
2008-04-16 22:36:20 UTC
Just going off your email address/domain, it occurs to me that your
problem may in fact be far to leet for the likes of nanog to handle. Have
you tried an efnet oper? They have far superior leetness, and quite likely
a little more time on their hands. One of them may also own that botnet,
so you'd be hitting two birds with one stone.

- billn
Blake Pfankuch
2008-04-17 00:45:55 UTC
I would first speak with oper staff on efnet. Based on the fact that
the nicks are single characters, im going to be that someone affiliated
with staff somehow owns these, as usually opers swipe the cool nicks
quickly. If they don't have anything, might check the irc-security list
but most likely this will be considered off topic even there.

Martin Hannigan