attempt to capture nominet board
Randy Bush
2008-04-24 10:30:55 UTC
dear uk sisters, brothers, and undecideds,

if you are a nomintet voting member or know someone who is, i strongly
encourage you to read these two documents,
<http://www.nominet.org.uk/governance/board/election/> and particularly
<http://www.nominet.org.uk/digitalAssets/28780_call_to_action_letter_web.pdf>,
and to vote the candidates running against the greedy domainer slime
trying to capture nominet.

thanks for listening.

randy
Neil J. McRae
2008-04-24 14:01:31 UTC
Yes strongly agreed and Randy thanks for raising this here.

randy
Jim Mercer
2008-04-24 14:16:48 UTC
Post by Neil J. McRae
Yes strongly agreed and Randy thanks for raising this here.
as i recall, CIRA, the Canadian equivilent of Nominet, a few years ago, made
some serious changes to its structure/by-laws/etc in order to prevent/reduce
the possibility of a similar "take-over".

other registries might want to take note.
2008-04-24 22:15:58 UTC
Post by Jim Mercer
Post by Neil J. McRae
Yes strongly agreed and Randy thanks for raising this here.
as i recall, CIRA, the Canadian equivilent of Nominet, a few years ago, made
some serious changes to its structure/by-laws/etc in order to
prevent/reduce
the possibility of a similar "take-over".
other registries might want to take note.
We (CZ.NIC - .cz) had also changed our structure a few years ago to be more
safe against enemy take-over.

Regards
Michal Krsek
Graeme Fowler
2008-05-01 14:46:32 UTC
Post by Randy Bush
if you are a nomintet voting member or know someone who is, i strongly
encourage you to read these two documents,
Results are that of the two new board members, one was a candidate
campaigning for change within the organisation (Randy used other
terminology), and the specific special resolution put forward by the
board in order to allow themselves to strengthen the board with non-exec
directors was not passed.

The fact that only 15% of the registered members voted (carrying 60% of
the votes) is perhaps the single most sobering point.

Graeme